Everyone has an obsession. Ours just happens to be financials.
Signal Financial Federal Credit Union is committed to providing you with the latest technology and security to protect your financial assets. As part of our ongoing efforts to improve the member experience, we are upgrading our systems. Please read below to see how this upgrade may have impacted your account.
This page will be promptly updated to incorporate any changes or edits that may arise, ensuring that it consistently reflects the latest and most accurate information.
- Digital Member Support: (301) 933-9100 or (240) 512-8240
- Consumer Lending: (301) 720-1471
- Loan Servicing: (301) 720-1775
- Mortgage: (301) 720-1064
- Account alerts
- Scheduled transfers
- Automatic bill payments
- Direct deposits
- Verify that your account details and transaction history are correct
- Take a moment to update any automated payments, card on file merchants, mobile wallet services, and other linked payment credentials to your new credit card
- Destroy your old credit card
- In some instances, previous transaction history may be unavailable to view in your online banking account. Please contact Signal should you need to view historical credit card information
- If you plan to use your card for cash advances, a Personal Identification Number (PIN) is required. Customize a PIN during the activation of the card or call later to select your PIN. You must be calling from the phone number listed on your credit card account in order to select a PIN
- If mailing a check in July, please include your payment stub with your check and mail to Signal Financial FCU:
Signal Financial Federal Credit Union
3015 University Blvd. W
Kensington, MD, 20895
After the update(s) on 7/17/2023 the permanent mailing address will be:
Signal Financial Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 2711
Omaha, NE 68103-2711
- If via a bill pay service, automatic debit or automatic transfer – ACTION IS REQUIRED. Remember to update your account information, payment address, or transfer request information when the first statement for your new card arrives.
- Multiple membership numbers will be simplified to one member number to help Signal better support you behind the scenes. This will not impact your accounts
- Share accounts will have account numbers instead of share IDs
- Membership shares will be transactional. This means that a statement fee may be incurred and a bank statement will be given. We urge you to sign up for e-statements to avoid the paper statement fee
- There will be an upgrade to the teller phone – Stay tuned for further details
Should you have any questions on our technology upgrade, please feel free to reach out to Signal at:
You can also reach a Signal Financial team member by emailing us at: email@example.com or clicking “Let’s Talk” on our website.
Joint Account Access
With our transition to providing you a personalized banking experience, members who have individual and joint accounts at Signal Financial, may be experiencing issues viewing their account details and transactions on one statement. Signal Financial is aware of this issue and you will be receiving a paper statement this month that includes details on your individual accounts. Your accounts will be listed all on one statement moving forward.
Access To Your Accounts, Online Banking, Teller Phone and QuickBooks
Access to Signal online banking is available. We strongly encourage you to log into your account and confirm your account details and transaction history are accurate. In some instances, you may need to re-establish the following:
Branches, automated phone system, and digital membership team are available
Automatic Bill Payments & ACH Transactions
Automatic bill payment, direct deposits and ACH transactions were unavailable from Thursday, July 13 – Monday, July 17.
Bill Payment by Phone
Bill payment is available by calling (800) 421-6830. A bill payment member services representative will ask to verify your identification and can help you process a payment.
If you have a Signal Bundle, you might notice a monthly maintenance service fee and reimbursement on your account if you met the qualifications for your specific bundle’s criteria. This is added transparency to the maintenance of your account and your bundle savings.
On July 17, 2023:
We issued new account numbers to all business members.
To ensure a seamless transition we kindly ask that you update your account number when conducting wire transfers. Additionally, please remember to update your automatic bill pay, ACH payments, and direct deposits with your new account number to avoid any disruptions to your account.
Cash Apps (PayPal, Venmo, Zelle)
Beginning July 17, 2023:
As part of our system upgrade, you will need to update your Cash App (PayPal, Venmo, Zelle) information with your new MICR line information so that the transactions flow through correctly. Not updating your Signal Financial information with any cash app services you use can result in your transactions being rejected.
We have partnered with a new credit card processor to better serve your Visa credit card needs. Effective Monday, July 17, your old card has been deactivated. A new card was issued to you that included a new card number and security code. Please activate your new card by calling the phone number listed on the card.
All cardholders, regardless of whether they are primary or secondary cardholders will receive a new physical plastic with a unique credit card number, expiration date, and CVV/CVC (Card Verification Code – three-digit number on the back of the card)
At this time, our new credit card processor is re-establishing our connection with Wallet Pays and we anticipate this feature will be available in mid-August. Take advantage of our new contactless Tap and Pay feature when using your card in the meantime.
Please visit our Credit Cards Update webpage for more information regarding new features, Frequently Asked Questions, and more.
How to make your Signal Financial Federal Credit Union credit card payment:
Beginning on Monday, July 17, 2023 online credit card payments will be done within your Signal online banking account.
Please Note: Payments that normally post on or before 7/16/2023 will still occur on your existing card. Beginning 7/17/2023 you must update your payment information with your new card information for each item you pay using your Signal Financial Federal Credit Union Visa credit card.
Beginning July 17, 2023:
We have transitioned from account IDs for loans to account numbers. This means that you will need to update bill payers with your new account number. Additionally, we will be consolidating our monthly statements to have all mortgage statements included with your shares and loans at the end of the month.
Membership and Share Information
The following changes occurred on July 17, 2023:
Payroll Distribution Transfers
The following change occurred on July 17, 2023:
Members who currently have an automatic payroll distribution transfer set up within their Signal Financial accounts will need to re-establish these transfers following our system upgrade. To do so, please log into your online banking account following July 17 to complete the process.
From July 14, 2023 to July 24, 2023 there may be intermittent down times to QuickBooks Online, Quicken Express WebConnect and Mint.
Starting 7/17/2023, we will offer a new rewards program with select credit cards and debit cards. The rewards program will transition from LinkRewards/CURewards to Signal Rewards powered by uChoose Rewards. This change comes with new rewards, enhanced fraud protection and updates to the customer service site and contact numbers.
This new rewards program will allow you to redeem points on your credit card purchases to use toward shopping, travel, event tickets, gift cards, Amazon purchases and more.
If you currently have rewards points via LinkRewards/CUrewards, they will automatically transfer to your new Signal Rewards account and the expiration date of your LinkRewards/CURewards will be honored. You will also be able to earn reward points as soon as you make a qualifying purchase.