Mortgage products that match your wants and needs.
For a limited time only, Signal is offering mortgage rates as low as 4.50% (4.641% APR*) for up to 30 years fixed for qualified applicants!
That’s right! Our special mortgage rate is only 4.50% fixed and you pick the term that works for you: 30-years, 20-years, or 15-years!
We have a variety of mortgage programs and loans designed with you in mind. Whether you’re buying for the first time, moving up or renovating, we have an affordable loan for your needs and helpful advice to guide you along the way.
Making your home buying experience simple and easy is what we do best. Our mortgage experts are here to provide answers to your questions and guide you through the process with ease, from prequalification to closing. We believe that buying a home doesn’t have to be overwhelming when you have the right information and support to help match your mortgage to your needs. Signal Financial offers the typical home loan options such as conventional fixed rate, adjustable rate, FHA, VA, Jumbo, but we also offer a First-Time Homebuyer1 program that offers as little as 3% down so you can save more and worry less.
- Fixed and adjustable rates
- Lower closing costs
- Up to 30-year terms
- First Time Homebuyer
- Great for first-time home buyers
- Low down payment
- Flexible guidelines for qualifying ratio
- Available to active and retired military, reservists, and surviving spouses
- Up to 100% financing
- Less restrictive qualifying terms
Refinancing Your Mortgage
When’s the last time you took a look at your mortgage? It might have been the right fit back when you first bought your home, but things change, and life happens. If you’re not absolutely sure that your current home loan is right for you, it’s time for a Mortgage Check-up.
Why refinance? There are many reasons:
- Lower your interest rate and monthly payments
- Pay for home improvements
- Consolidate debt
- Eliminate or lower mortgage insurance
- Pay off your home faster
- Avoid increasing payments in an ARM loan
- You’re upside down on your loan
- Remove a co-borrower from your loan
- Convert your home equity into cash
We can help you explore options and learn if refinancing your home is the best decision for your financial situation.
Home Equity Loans
Whether it’s extra cash to fund a home improvement project, consolidate debt or take a well-deserved vacation, if you’re a homeowner with equity in your home, we can help. We offer two types of home equity products:
Fixed Second Trust Mortgage
- Fixed Interest rate for entire term of the mortgage
- Full loan amount disbursed
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
- Interest rate is ultra-low for the first 12 months, then subject to adjust quarterly based on The Wall Street Journal Prime Rate
- Withdraw money as you need it, for up to 10 years from origination date
Still have questions?
We can help with that. Fill out the form below.
Terms and conditions that apply to all mortgage loans: All loans are subject to credit and underwriting approval. Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rate. Rates, points, and terms may vary depending on variety of factors including but not limited to loan amount, loan purpose, occupancy, credit score, loan-to value ratio, and property type. Rates are only guaranteed once locked and confirmed with our secondary market without any changes made after the request. Rates locked in today for 60 days have an expiration date of (today + 60 days). Rates apply to loans up to $600,000. All rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
* As of May 9, 2022. Not all will qualify. Loans subject to collateral and credit requirements. Signal Financial FCU’s 30-year fixed rate is 4.50% (4.641% APR). APR= Annual Percentage Rate. Rates are subject to change at any time and may vary depending on variety of factors. Not all borrowers will qualify for the lowest rate. Rates and offers are available for a limited time and subject to change without notice. A sample payment on a $300,000 loan for a 30-year fixed rate loan at 4.50% (4.641% APR) is $1,520.06. Payments do not include amounts for taxes and insurance premiums for first lien loans; the actual payment obligation will be greater. Payment and APR will vary depending on term and loan program chosen. Please contact a mortgage loan officer at 301-933-9100 ext. 104 about applicable rates, fees, and offers. Membership required. Federally insured by NCUA.
1 Not all applicants will qualify for the lowest rate and not all applicants will qualify for the First-Time Homebuyer Program. Please contact a mortgage loan officer at 301-933-9100 ext. 104 about applicable rates and offers.
2 Appraisal fee refund is available to members enrolled in a Premium Bundle with a qualifying new mortgage loan. For information about the Premium Bundle, please visit signalfinancialfcu.org/bundles
3 The HomeAdvantage program is made available to you through a relationship between Signal Financial Federal Credit Union and CU Realty Services. Program Cash Rewards are awarded by CU Realty Services to buyers and sellers who select and use a real estate agent in the HomeAdvantage network. Home buyers or sellers are not eligible for Cash Rewards if they use an agent outside this network. Using Signal Financial Federal Credit Union for a mortgage is not a requirement to earn Cash Rewards. Cash Rewards amounts are dependent on the commissions paid to the agent. Signal Financial Federal Credit Union may have specific rules on how your Cash Rewards will be paid out. Cash Rewards incentives are available in most states; however, are void where prohibited by law or by the lender. Please consult with your credit union to get details that may affect you.
4 Conforming loans are available up to a maximum loan amount of $484,350. Jumbo loans are available in certain locations; additional down payment amount may be required. Loan limits may vary by location. Sample rate and payment on a $300,000 30-year fixed-rate loan with a 4.250% interest rate (4.361% Annual Percentage Rate) is $1,476.00. Payments shown do not include taxes or insurance. Actual payment obligation will be greater. Rates and offers are in effect for a limited time and subject to change without notice. Closing Cost is estimated to range from $700 to $2,000 depending on the loan amount and the property location.
5 FHA Purchase loans require a minimum of 3.5% down payment. FHA loans are subject to an Upfront Mortgage Insurance Premium (UMIP) of 1.75% of the loan amount. Monthly Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP) is based on loan-to-value (LTV) and term. FHA Loans are available up to a maximum loan amount of $721,050. Visit https://www.hud.gov/buying/loans for more information.
6 VA loans are guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs. The property must be occupied by the veteran as their primary residence. Length of service or service commitment, duty status, and character of service determine eligibility for specific home loan benefits. To be eligible, veteran must have satisfactory credit, sufficient income to meet the expected monthly obligations, and a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Loan limits for VA loans in 2019 are the same as the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s limits. 100% financing loans are available for purchase loans only. Visit https://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans for more information.