Ready for rewards? You’ve come to the right credit union
We provide members with exclusive benefits and rewards—so you can earn more, save more, and be prepared for life’s key moments. And with Signal Bundles, you can meet your financial goals no matter what stage of life you’re in. Did we mention you’ll earn rewards, too? Trust us, your tomorrow self will thank you.
Can I join?
There are many ways to become a member. And once you join, you’re a member for life—even if your qualifying relationship changes. You are eligible if you:
- Live, work, worship, go to school in Washington, DC or within the Capital Beltway in Prince George’s County
- Are a relative of a Signal Financial FCU member
- Are a current employee, retiree, or surviving spouse within one of our Select Employee Groups
- Are a member of the Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) — we will pay the first year’s membership fee for new members (WABA eligibility is applicable to residents of MD, DC, and VA only)
- Are an employee of a business member of the Wheaton-Kensington Chamber of Commerce
- Are a resident or employee of Leisure World of Maryland
What do I need?
- $5 to deposit into a shareholder account
- One form of ID (Government Issued – must be current and not expired)
- Proof of address if current address does not match primary ID
- U.S. Social Security Number
or call us today at 301-933-9100 ext. 298 or stop by one of our branch locations.
Bright Future Account
Bright Future is Signal’s youth and young adult account for ages 0-26. The account is designed to instill financial responsibility among our younger members and comes equipped with most of the features of a standard Signal Financial account.
Parents and grandparents can transfer funds directly from their Signal Financial account into the youth account. They can also link the youth account to their account on ebanking to enable easy monitoring of debit card usage.
Enroll Your Company As a Select Employee Group (SEG)
All of your employees and their families can take advantage of credit union membership at no cost to you. Call 301-933-9100, ext. 298 to find out more about becoming a SEG.
View our Select Employee Groups
THIS CREDIT UNION IS FEDERALLY INSURED BY THE NATIONAL CREDIT UNION ADMINISTRATION.
To learn more, visit www.ncua.gov, or read the Your Insured Funds (Sus fondos asegurados) document linked below. To calculate your share insurance coverage, visit: www.mycreditunion.gov/protect/Pages/SI.aspx
Membership Forms & Additional Information
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 13 who use our Sites without obtaining consent from a parent or legal guardian.
To learn more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), please visit the National Credit Union Administration Regulatory Alert or the Federal Trade Commission’s website.