We believe in our members.
We invest in our members’ well-being by offering products, services, and financial education designed to help every member thrive financially. As a federal credit union, our members are our customers and our shareholders, so when we put members first, we all thrive. From unique mortgage and certificate offerings to nationally competitive rates to personal service, we provide members with a financial home whose doors are always open, along every new stage of life.
For almost 70 years our members have trusted us with their financial health, and during that time we’ve grown from serving local telephone company employees to one of the most open credit unions in the Washington, DC area, with members hailing from a variety of employer groups, neighborhoods, and affiliations. Five of our seven branches are open to the public, and our eligibility requirements are easy to meet.
Joining Signal is easy!
Signal Financial serves a variety of groups, businesses, and individuals, and doesn’t have the eligibility restrictions that many credit unions have. There are many ways to become eligible to join, whether you live in DC or elsewhere.
Anyone may join who:
- Lives, works, attends school, or worships in Washington, DC, or in Prince George’s County, MD inside the Beltway
- Who is a close relative (living in the same household or not) of a current Signal member
- Who is a current employee, retiree, or surviving spouse within one of our Select Employee Groups (including Verizon, Verizon Wireless, AT&T and over 200 others) Complete list of Select Employee Groups
- Who is a member of the Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) — Signal will pay the first year’s membership fee for new members! (Contact us for assistance.)
- Who is an employee of a business member of the Wheaton-Kensington Chamber of Commerce
Once you join the credit union, you are a member for life … even if your relationship to a qualifying organization changes—for instance, you move out of the area or change employers.
If you’re not sure you’re eligible, call us to find out at 301-933-9100, ext. 298.
How to join
There are three convenient ways to apply for a Signal Financial membership.
- Online – with our safe and secure application
- At a branch – with the help of one of our Member Relationship Specialists
- By mail – just call our Member Services department at 301-933-9100, ext. 298, and we’ll mail or email everything you need to open your account
To open a business account, please contact the Signal Financial branch closest to your business.
- Enroll Your Company As a Select Employee Group (SEG)
- Enroll today, and all of your employees and their families can take advantage of credit union membership at no cost to you. Call 301-933-9100, ext. 298 to find out more about becoming a SEG.
- View our Select Employee Groups
This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
To learn more, visit www.ncua.gov, or read the Your Insured Funds (Sus fondos asegurados) document linked below. To calculate your share insurance coverage, visit: www.mycreditunion.gov/protect/Pages/SI.aspx
Membership Forms & Additional Information