Signal Financial Federal Credit Union is committed to ensuring account privacy and security. In addition to having SSL encryption for our eBanking site, we also encrypt pages collecting sensitive information on www.signalfinancialfcu.org. This was done to better protect you against phishing schemes that use fraudulent websites. Part of our privacy and security commitment is accomplished through member education. You can protect your private information by practicing good security habits and reporting any suspicious contacts either via email, phone or the U.S. Postal Service.
What You Need to Know
Signal Financial FCU does not contact our members via email to verify or request account numbers, PINs or other security information. If you receive an email requesting personal information, please DO NOT respond to it with any personal information and forward the email to email@example.com.
We are continually improving our infrastructure to defend against emerging threats, and would like to remind you that if it isn’t an SSL connection, it isn’t Signal Financial!
Click on the lock icon on your browser and it will display information from Let’s Encrypt related to the security certificate that protects this site. You can click for further certificate details, as well as verify the Certification Path.
Protect Your Personal Information
We encourage you to review the Identity Theft section for more information on how to protect yourself while using online services, as well as other everyday circumstances. This section includes resources and information about what to do to protect yourself from these security threats, including Social Media.
Consider these tips:
- Use caution when selecting your PIN number and passwords
- Be cautious about revealing account numbers, Social Security or Tax I.D. numbers, and other private information to other persons
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs and passwords
- Never send out sensitive information via e-mail
- Never respond to unsolicited requests for sensitive information via US Mail
- Do not email confidential information to the credit union using your personal email accounts