New card, new benefits
Your new Signal Financial Visa® credit card is an upgrade in more ways than one!
After you receive your card, you have 6 months to take advantage of this special promotion:
- 0% APR on purchases for the first 6 months1
- Promotional rate ends March 6, 2019, after which the rate on any remaining balance reverts to the standard variable rate based on your creditworthiness.
- 0% APR on balance transfers for the first 6 months2
- Promotional rate is effective for the first 6 months after transfer date, after which any remaining balance of the transfer reverts to the standard variable rate based on your creditworthiness.
- Start your balance transfers by logging onto eBanking and clicking on the Credit Card tab. Once there, use the Services menu to choose Balance Consolidation.
- $0 balance transfer fee for the first 6 months2
STANDARD CARD FEATURES
- Low variable rates
- Protect your card with Card Lock
- Free quarterly updates on your FICO®Score3
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver4
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services4
- Roadside Dispatch4
Earn Rewards with each dollar spent
The Visa Platinum card5 earns you LinkRewards points6 on every purchase and without an annual fee. Your old points will be merged with LinkRewards, so you won’t lose your points just because you got a new card.
Redeem your points with more options than ever before, including travel, merchandise, and gift cards. Visit our LinkRewards page for more details.
Your new LinkRewards number is 1102800 followed by your Signal Financial membership number. For example, 110280012345678.
register for linkrewards
- Open your web browser to CURewards.com
- Click the orange Register button (DO NOT log in with your old login information)
- Complete the registration process. Use your new LinkRewards number for the 16 Digit Account Number field. (DO NOT use your credit card number, as this will simply redirect you to the old rewards program.) Call us at 301-933-9100 if you need help finding your rewards number.
- Log in anytime directly on CURewards.com or by clicking the Credit Card tab when you’re in eBanking to view your current points and to redeem them for items or services.
PLEASE NOTE: Any points earned in our prior rewards program have been merged with LinkRewards and will be visible in your rewards account on October 8. For the meantime, you will see a zero (0) balance in points when you log into your account.
If you have trouble registering or using the site, please call 301-933-9100.
Activate your card today!
Once you receive your card in the mail, activate it by calling the number on the front of the card from the phone number you have on file with the credit union. All old cards will be inactive after October 5th or upon activation of your new card.7
To manage your new card online, log into eBanking and click on the Credit Card tab. Once you’re in the credit cards management site, go to the Services menu and click Manage Cards. Click the Add Card button to add the new card. Click on the Remove Card option to remove the old card.
Have questions? Call 301-933-9100.
1 APR = Annual Percentage Rate. 0% APR on all purchases for the first 6 months after card issuance. Starting March 7, 2019, rate for purchases will revert to the standard variable rate for your card, 9.5%–18% depending on creditworthiness and credit card type. Your standard variable rate was shown on the letter sent on July 6, 2018; please call 301-933-9100 with questions. APR may vary. A foreign transaction fee of 1.00% applies to all credit cards except Visa Signature. A cash advance fee of 2.5% of the advance or $10 (whichever is greater) applies to all credit cards. There is no annual fee for the Platinum and Signature credit cards. An annual fee of $25 applies to the Direct card, and is waived the first year and each year thereafter that the cardholder conducts at least $1,000 or more in a 12-month period. Rates and fees are subject to change at any time.
2 0% APR on all balance transfers for the first 6 months after the transfer; the standard variable rate will apply to any remaining transferred balance after 6 months. Your new standard variable rate was shown in the letter sent on July 6, 2018. No balance transfer fees will be charged for the first 6 months after card issuance. Starting March 7, 2019, a balance transfer fee of $10 or 2.5% of the transfer (whichever is greater) will apply.
3 Credit cardholders can see their FICO® Scores in the online credit card management site (Visa Access Point), accessible on the Credit Card tab in eBanking. The score shown is that of the primary account holder. Scores are updated quarterly.
4 Please see the Guide to Benefits that came with your card or contact the credit union for details about these programs.
5 There is no annual fee for the Signal Visa Platinum card. The interest rate for purchases and cash advances is determined by the Prime Rate published in the Money Rates section of the Wall Street Journal. If the prime rate has changed on the last day of the quarter, your APR will change within the first fifteen (15) days of the next quarter. Minimum interest rate is 9.25%; maximum interest is 18.00%. Interest rates for the Signal Visa Platinum card consist of the Prime Rate + margin, and depend on the member’s creditworthiness. As of 9/1/2018, rates range from 9.25%–18%. Rates and fees are subject to change at any time.
6 LinkRewards is available to Signal Financial members enrolled in a Connect, Direct, or Premium bundle and/or who have the new Visa Platinum credit card issued after October 1, 2017.
7 Even if you do not activate your new card, your old Classic or Platinum card will no longer work after October 5, 2018.
FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Signal Financial Federal Credit Union and Fair Isaac are not credit repair organizations as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Signal Financial Federal Credit Union and Fair Isaac do not provide “credit repair” services or advice or assistance regarding “rebuilding” or “improving” your credit record, credit history or credit rating.